March 19, 2018

Interview with Author David Ahern

Hello, everyone! Today, I am so happy to share with you a piece of good news about the amazing author of the hilarious mystery and paranormal book series Madam TulipMr. David Ahern. I had the honor of reviewing the first two books in the series and I love both of them: Madam Tulip: An Irish Cozy Mystery and Madam Tulip and the Knave ofHearts. The good news is that David is releasing the third book on April 12, 2018 and the book, Madam Tulip and the Bones of Chance is now on presale in Amazon.  Once again, I am fortunate to be given a chance to read this third installment.  

In line with that, David has been so kind to have granted me a Q&A and agreed to answer a few questions. Read on and learn more about this awesome book author.


David Ahern grew up in a theatrical family in Ireland but ran away to Scotland to become a research psychologist and sensible person. He earned his doctorate but soon absconded to work in television. He became a writer, director and producer, creating international documentary series and winning numerous awards, none of which got him free into nightclubs.


Madame Tulip wasn’t David Ahern's first novel, but writing it was the most fun he’s ever had with a computer. He is now writing the fourth Madam Tulip adventure and enjoys pretending this is actual work.

David Ahern lives in the beautiful West of Ireland with his wife, two cats and a vegetable garden of which he is inordinately proud.

You can learn more about David Ahern and Madam Tulip on his website www.davidahern.info

Connect with David Ahern on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/davidahernwriter
-from David Ahern’s Amazon Author Page)


Q: How do you set yourself from normal mode to writing mode? Do you have any rituals or patterns that you follow?
A: I sit at my desk first thing, check my emails and start. No excuses allowed.

Q: Who has the greatest influence on your writing?
A:  Probably the late, lamented Patrick O’Brien, the great writer of sea stories and one of the finest storytellers ever.

Q: Do you have a favorite writing spot? Where is that?
A: My desk in my office. I can’t write anywhere else.

Q: How long do you develop a character for a story?
A: I don’t.  they just walk onto the page, and I go hi.

Q: Do you name your characters after people you personally know?
A: Never! I’d get sued. 

Q: Do you prepare outlines and follow them?
A: A little bit as I go.

Q: Do you have any celebratory ritual every time you finish a book?
A: I’ve still to get that part organised.

Q: What is your ultimate goal for your books?
A: Readers.


Q: If ‘Madam Tulip’ is turned into a movie, who would you like to play Derry O’Donnel?
A: Jennifer Laurence!  She’s got a great sense of humour.


Q: If you are given a chance to write a book with another book author, who would he/she be and why?
A: No way! I’m a control freak. Pistols at dawn.

Thank you very much, David! Good luck on MadamTulip and the Bones of Chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment